How do you improve on “The Gold Standard” for nuclear threat detection and identification? ORTEC’s new Detective X high purity germanium (HPGe) “RIID” does exactly that with a combination of identification improvements, operational (conops) improvements, better interconnectivity capabilities, and longer battery life.
Detection and Identification Features
- Larger HPGe crystal, three times more efficient than the Micro-Detective-HX.
- Improved Algorithm that increases detection probability.
- Comprehensive library of over 175 radionuclides including new radiopharmaceuticals.
- Better standoff detection and ID capability.
- Rugged Instrument designed for harsh environments (IP65 compliant).
- Weight Significantly Reduced (about half of Detective-EX-100T).
- Battery life doubled and batteries are hot swappable.
- New Li6/ZnS Neutron Detector Module (NDM), no 3He required.
- Bigger display screen, easily readable in sunlight.
- New Stirling cooler with more cooling capacity and improved mean time between failures.
- Designed with extremely hard polycarbonate case, making it both lighter and more rugged.
Enhanced Connectivity Options
- System includes built-in Ethernet connection (RJ45).
- USB Connection to PC is plug and play.
- USB memory stick stores >100,000 spectra.
- Mobile phone Interconnectivity and control of instrument for iOS, Android, and Windows platforms.
- WiFi and Bluetooth are standard with Detective X.
NEW! TRANS-SPEC Application provides the MCA Emulation functions necessary to use the Detective X as a standard spectrometer system. (See the Detective-X-TS all-in-one spectrometer.)
NEW! RAPiD Interface designed to meet specific customer needs to streamline data collection while minimizing pesky alarm notifications.